Thursday, October 18, 2012

So simple it'll curl your hair!

I am so excited about today's post! I have always had the hardest time with curling my hair. I have really thick hair and If I use rollers to curl my hair, it goes wild and gets big and poofy. Poofy was fine in the 80's, great even, but nowadays nobody wants poofy hair. I have been seeing a lot on pinterest and youtube lately about using curling wands and certain flat irons to get that loose curl/wave, but I don't have a curling wand and my flat iron (which I love, by the way) doesn't get hot on the outside, so I was out of luck. Until the other day, when I stumbled on a new tutorial on Pinterest. Unfortunately, it was a set of pictures and didn't lead back to a blog or tutorial, the pictures were enough for me to figure it out and I thought I would create a tutorial for anyone else who was interested. 

Here is how to go from:

                         

It is pretty simple once you get the hang of it and depending on how much hair you have should only take about 20 minutes. I washed my hair the night before and let it air dry. I already have somewhat wavy hair so I didn't have to curl my bangs, they just kinda do that if I don't flat iron them or dry them with my round brush. So, I started by sectioning my hair into 6 sections and pinning the top 4 sections up with a bobby pin. BTW, let me just apologize for the awkward pictures since I had to do my hair and take pictures with no help. 



 You want to take a relatively small section of hair, maybe an inch(?) and curl it around your fingers like your going to make a pin curl.


Carefully, without burning your fingers, put at least half of the curl (or more if you can) into the flat iron. Hold for 5 - 10 seconds and voila, a perfect curl. Keep going until all of your hair is curled.


Spray it with hairspray and then finger comb.



That's it, you can leave it down or pin some of it up. Heck, if you want to go all out, check out this youtube video on a cute curly updo. I've been getting lots of compliments on my hair like this. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if this doesn't make sense I have included a quick video below showing you how to do the pin curl.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Get widget