Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Miraculous Allergy Cure!!!!

Hello again Blogosphere!!!! I know, I have been slacking again, but hey, it's spring now so I am feeling motivated again (finally) and of course I am also feeling stuffy. I live in the fantastic state of Georgia where a pollen count under 1000 is like a summer day without frizzy hair....it's just not in the cards for me. I have suffered with seasonal allergies for a while and I have tried several medications for them, but they either didn't work well or they didn't work well enough to justify the side effects. I've been doing a lot of internet research in the last year or so trying to stave off boredom adopt a healthier lifestyle and I stumbled across some interesting information. I have found a natural, effective and somewhat cost friendly way to heal my
allergies. I say somewhat cost friendly because the ingredients seem somewhat pricey until you compare them to the monthly cost of allergy meds (not to mention the side effects). So today, I am, dare I say it, proud to present to you the miraculous cure! I love this one because it REALLY works and it only requires two....count 'em TWO ingredients. I noticed I was feeling stuffy about three days ago. "I was so codgested I couldd't breath through by dose at all!" I started taking this in the afternoon the day before yesterday and today I can breath through my nose with the windows open. So, enough of my yammering and testimonial, here is the recipe.

You will need:

Ingredient 1
Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar-I prefer Bragg's and it is easy to find, make sure that whatever brand you buy has "the mother", this will make it appear cloudy, but that's the healthy part. You don't want to buy regular ACV, it won't work. Walmart has it and it run's about $5 for the bottle where I live, don't worry it will last a while. 

Ingredient 2

Raw, organic preferably local honey. The reason it is best to have local honey is because the bees use pollen native to your area, which is the pollen you are reacting to. At least that's what I've read on the internet and we all know that you can't lie on the internet.

Ingredient 3

OK, if you consider water an ingredient then I lied, because this requires water and that would be a third ingredient. If you have the internet I am going to assume you have running water readily available at home.


So there are two methods to making this and neither one is really hard. The first is the super duper easy way. It requires a keurig. This is the way I am making it now because I was fortunate enough to receive a keurig for christmas. As I sit here typing though I realize you could probably just use your regular coffee maker as well. Any how, I put 2 Tbs of honey in a coffee cup and brew 6 ounces of water into the cup. The hot water makes it easy to mix in the honey. Seriously, it's practically impossible to mix honey into cold water, trust me, don't even try. Once you have the honey and water mixed pour it into a cup filled with ice. Add in 2 Tbs Vinegar and mix well until chilled. Drink up!!! It's actually really yummy, well, I think so anyway. You can drink it 2 or 3 times a day and it really helps. You can also make it ahead of time and take it to work with you. I make it for Senor Caliente in the spring and summer because he's a landscaper. He finds it helps his allergies and he also says it's really refreshing on a hot day.

Now the second method is for those of you who like to be prepared at all times. What you will need to do is make a honey syrup. In a small sauce pan heat 1 cup water and 1 cup honey. Simmer until honey is dissolved. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. I actually use an old vinegar bottle for it, you know the old adage reduce, reuse, recycle! To make your drink. Add 2 Tbs vinegar and  4 Tbs honey syrup to 8 ounces of cold water. Mix well and guzzle it down! 

In either method feel free to use less honey, I just love the sweetness of the honey (perhaps a bit too much.)

 There are supposed to be other benefits to consuming both raw vinegar and raw honey, but you'll have to do your own research into that. Perhaps you can enjoy a nice cool glass of my miraculous allergy drink while you peruse the internet which is full of TRUE information.

If you like this post be sure to check out my other posts which are full of fun recipes and tips to keep you frugal, and don't forget to follow my blog by clicking on the follow button in the side tab. I welcome any and all comments and would love it if you left me some feedback on things you would like me to research and blog about. Also, if you see an idea on pinterest or another blog that you are interested in and/or too afraid to try, send me a link and maybe I'll try it for you! Have a blessed, snot free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get widget