Friday, November 9, 2012

PB & Chocolate go together like Batman & Robin

Hello my bloggy friends! Boy have I got a surprise for you today! Before I start, I should tell you that if you are dieting, you should think twice before reading this posting. There, you have been sufficiently warned and I take no responsibility for what happens after you read this. Who doesn't love a good Reese's Cup? Well, besides people with peanut allergies. I used to buy no bake Reese's Bars and make them for my family quite frequently. I haven't made them in a while and was really wanting some of that peanutty goodness and also I was at my election campaigning breaking point (I, too, am really tired of Bronco Bama and Mitt Romney). I went to the store to pick some up only to find that they no longer carry them.....WHAT?!?! So, I tried making buckeyes instead. I really like buckeyes, but they just weren't quite right. They taste great, but not like a Reese's cup or bar. So I started searching Google and I found it. The perfect recipe. It taste's just like Reese's to the 10th power...or heaven. So, first I have to credit BakerLady for the original recipe. I tweaked it a bit, though, and look at that yummy piece of paradise! The good news is that I made it through the election intact, but sadly the peanut butter bars did not.



What You'll Need:

1 cup butter melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (just grind some graham crackers in your food processor)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup + 4 tbs peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (or just use the whole bag like I did)



Mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup peanut butter in a bowl


add yummy melted butter (yeah, I'm a regular Paula Deen)


Mix well. Pour into an ungreased 9x13 dish and press into dish with a spatula.


Next you need to add 4 tbs peanut butter and the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and nuke them for about 1 minute. Or, if you feel so inclined, you can melt them over a double boiler, but this takes a while and I am very impatient when it comes to chocolate and peanut butter.


Mix well. Stop salivating, you'll damage your computer.


Pour Chocolate over peanut butter and spread evenly.




Lick the spatula, you know you want to. Don't get caught by the kids or you'll have to share.


Put it in the fridge for 1 hour to set....if you can wait that long. 

MMMMM heaven! Even my kids said so. I really don't know what else to say about this dish except that I'm both happy and sad that it's gone. 


I think I'll go cry now. Enjoy! Leave me a comment and let me know if there is a recipe I can blog for you.





1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this! I will have to wait until after Christmas though because I am trying to be "good" and this looks so so so bad! Okay, I'm going to stop talking about this now before I cave. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Get widget